DESERTIKA Handbag grey grey Light Handbag DESERTIKA DESERTIKA Light Handbag aH1HwIxqv
The curriculum prepares students for employment in news, editorial or public relations organizations as photographers. Emphasis is placed on photography for print, web and mobile publications. Students completing the program will have developed a portfolio.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
DESERTIKA DESERTIKA DESERTIKA Handbag Handbag Light grey Light Handbag grey Program Outcomes
- grey Light Handbag DESERTIKA DESERTIKA DESERTIKA Light grey Handbag Handbag Work as self-directed individuals and team members to produce and publish a weekly campus newspaper.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the principles and responsibilities of the professional photojournalist, including a commitment to accuracy, fairness, depth, and social conscience.
- Light grey grey Light DESERTIKA DESERTIKA Handbag DESERTIKA Handbag Handbag grey Handbag Handbag Light grey DESERTIKA DESERTIKA Light DESERTIKA Handbag Produce a portfolio of photographs appropriate for professional publication that demonstrates the ability to gather, organize, report and interpret newsworthy events and information.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required unit: 19 units
- JOUR 002 – Beginning Journalism (3)
- JOUR 021 – Beginning Press Photography (3)
or PHOT 021 – Introduction to Black and White Photography (3)
- JOUR 022 – Advanced Press Photography (3)
- PHOT 031 – Beginning Digital Photography (3)
DESERTIKA DESERTIKA grey Light grey Light Handbag Handbag Handbag DESERTIKA Semester III
JOUR 107A – Online Journalism (4)
DESERTIKA grey grey DESERTIKA Handbag Handbag DESERTIKA Light Handbag Light or JOUR 107B – News Leadership (4)
- JOUR 023 – Photojournalism (3)
TOSCA Brown Handbag Handbag TOSCA BLU Brown TOSCA BLU Brown Handbag TOSCA BLU Eqr5EwFRecommended electives:
- ART 031A – Color and Composition-Two Dimensional Design (3)
- Handbag DESERTIKA DESERTIKA grey Handbag Handbag DESERTIKA Light grey Light COMM 001 – Survey of Mass Communication (3)
- JOUR 004A – Reporting and Newswriting (3)
- JOUR 005 – Magazine and Small Publications (3)
- JOUR 007A – Newswriting and Make-Up (4)
- JOUR 009 – Public Relations and Organizational Communication (3)
- JOUR 110 – Journalism Field Practice (3)
- PHOT 030 – Introduction to Digital Image Editing (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.DONATELLA BRUNELLO DONATELLA BRUNELLO Handbag Black Tpxdz70qw